Guest Post by Bettendorf Sales Manager, Matt Schwind
Is this the year you buy a house? As a manager of a real estate office, I can tell you that, although it's only February, the sales activity in the market has already started to pick up. It's been a mild winter, and the warmer weather tends to accelerate the housing market in the Quad Cities. People are also confident in the local economy, and interest rates are for the time being still at record lows, which makes the cost of owning a home (or buying a new one) less expensive for you each month. So, if you are wanting to get in on a good market, you'll want to do as much research as possible. You'll probably want to know...
- How fast homes are selling.
- What percentage of asking price are they selling for
- What are the available grant programs for home buyers
- What inspections are required, and which ones are most common
- What is the best way to negotiate with a seller or a For Sale By Owner
- What my timeline looks like if I want to move by summer
While you can do some of your research online, how will you know if the information is correct? Is the advice current? Are statistics meaningful for your area? We can all find information on the Internet, but the challenge is knowing what's relevant, and what's not.
If only such a trusted resource existed that could give you...
- A free hour of objective consultation
- Free advice on how to negotiate for the best price and terms
- Information on the local housing market, the various mortgage programs and help in choosing the best option
- An overview of what to look for when touring a home, especially the "red flags" that may need to be brought up before putting forth an offer
That is where we come in. Multiple Ruhl&Ruhl Realtors' offices are hosting a Homebuying Seminar, a free - no cost - no obligation - informational only - seminar for anyone who wants an expert opinion on what you need to know before and during the process of buying a house or condo. It can be helpful if you're buying your first house, but also if you haven't bought in about 7 or 8 years. It can be helpful if you're not sure you want to buy right now, or if you're right in the thick of looking for homes. The seminar will be information only - no hard sell, but we will guarantee that you'll walk out an hour later having a lot more knowledge that before. This knowledge will put you ahead of the rest when it comes time to buy or sell your next home. We hope to see you there!
Upcoming Homebuying Seminars:
Davenport March 28th; 6pm - 7:30pm 4545 Welcome Way, Davenport, IA, 52806 Speakers: Sally Atwell, Sales Manager; Greg Cotton, Mortgage Lender RSVP by March 24th to your Ruhl&Ruhl Realtor OR Call (563) 411-5100 to reserve your spot!
Moline March 30th; 6pm - 6:45pm 1701 52nd Ave, Moline, IL, 61265 Speakers: Mike Wendt, Sales Manager; McKenzie Mathews, Mortgage Lender RSVP by March 27th to your Ruhl&Ruhl Realtor OR Call (309) 743-8000 to reserve your spot!
We will update this page as more seminars are scheduled.